Primary Research

by - September 28, 2017



Design Hypothesis

Hero Jewelry is a jewelry line that...
references ancient female warriors as a form of empowerment and a way for women to express their femininity without forsaking their strong presence.

Questions derived from design hypothesis:

Female Empowerment

1.) What does female empowerment mean to you?
2.) Do you feel it is important to feel empowered on a daily basis?
3.) What empowers you?
4.) Is it easy to feel empowered or to find forms of empowerment on a daily basis?
5.) Do certain objects make you feel empowered? If so, what are these objects and how do they make you feel empowered?
6.) Does identifying with strong female role models make you feel empowered? If so, why?

Responses

What does female empowerment mean to you?
“Building women up through education, motivation, and continuous love, conveying to them that they matter and that the world needs them.”
“Lifting and celebrating women of all ethnicities, colors, sexualities, and thoughts.”
“Equal opportunities. Being able to improve quality of life for women. Being able to be your true self.”


Do you feel it is important to feel empowered on a daily basis?
“Yes, I can’t tell at first, but if I don’t feel empowered daily for an extended period of time I get stuck in a mindless routine and lose sight of my purpose. I start feeling anxious and not impactful in my circles.”
“Yes because it rubs off on others.”


What empowers you?
“Making goals and reaching them.”
“Seeing my goals being achieved and seeing other women empowering each other.”


Is it easy to feel empowered or to find forms of empowerment on a daily basis?
“Not always”
“Yes, moreso at work than on days off.”


Do certain objects make you feel empowered? If so, what are these objects and how do they make you feel empowered?
“My makeup brushes. Something about them feels like I can take down the patriarchy.”
“Eyeliner and lipstick - makes me feel confident and bold.”
“High heels. When you look good, you feel good.”


Does identifying with strong female role models make you feel empowered? If so, why?
“Yes, because I find the support system I need to keep going, when I am in a difficult situation they help me and cheer me on. I also find role models through them and encouragement knowing I can also be strong and a leader like them.”
“Yes, because they show that anything is possible if you just believe and push forward.”

You May Also Like

0 comments